Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a question answered

my lawyer filed a motion for temp custody dose a judge need a sighn and noterized affidaved to deny it? or dose he need it to grant the motion for temp custody? i am trying not to get my hopes on getting the temp custody of my 2 younger kids but i do feel confident about it so please some one help me out with this

Answer Question

Asked by mom1jsa at 11:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Your lawyer should know these things and should have told you what the process is. I would call and ask him.

    Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I'm pretty sure it has to be signed by a judge..almost positive


    Answer by bizima4 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • ye i know it needs to be signed by a judge but dose it mean he is gonna grant me temp custody or dose it not mean that?

    Answer by mom1jsa at 1:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I'm not sure how all that works. Though I should since my little sister just went through all that...
    I think tho the judge still would have to decide. I'm pretty sure tho if you have your kids with you now and there are already no orders in motion I dont know why you wouldnt get it

    Answer by bizima4 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.