Could you clothe one toddler for the entire summer, shoes and all, for $200?

What would you buy, and where would you buy it from?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 12:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yea, I think I could. Babies R us has short and shirt sets for like 12 bucks each. They are super cute. Old navy has some really awesome sturdy sandles for like either 8 or 14 bucks.....I could do it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yes :)
    Target and Carters and shoes from Stride right.I bought each of my daughters 6 dressed,3 shorts.8 shirts,3 skirts,and 3 pair shoes each.I spent 190 total for both lol.PLUS carters coupons that helps a lot :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yup, by hitting garage sales. I find garage sales where I know there are clothes for his age, get there first thing in the morning, and look for the good clothes. The majority of his clothes still had price tags on them. I got his fall/winter clothes last year for less than $100.
    Anonymous

• yep
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Absolutely and I have. I shop Target, TJ Maxc, Ross, or Burlington and looks for the great sales on good clothes.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Easily, as long as you don't boutique shop.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You could try looking on Ebay
    Anonymous

• $200? No problem! lol I am miss thrifty shopper herself when it comes to buying kids clothes,lol.
    Yard sales, garage sales, kids resales,craigslist,clearance racks at any store,thrift stores. I find mostly name brand clothing too. I bought most of my sons for this year last summer so he's good to go.
    My daughters, I'm still working on hers.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• If they stayed in the same size for the whole summer and I was somehow stopped from going shopping it wouldn't be too hard. I buy a lot from Kohl's (great sales), and a little from Target, J.C. Penneys, Wal-Mart, etc.
    Anonymous

• Holy cow, yes. Toddler clothes are cheap at Target and Walmart, for $3-$5 and item. They're going to be ruined and/or too small by the end of the summer, so it doesn't matter. I'll clothe that toddler and take mama out for some fun for $200.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2010