How can I get my seven yr. old to stop wetting herself/

My seven yr. old has just within the last three months decided to start wetting herself all the time. I ask her if she feels like she has to go before it happens and she tells me NO. I am at a lost cause, I don't know what else to do. And No she does not have a UTI.

redgilfillan

Asked by redgilfillan at 12:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She's peeing on herself throughout the day or is it just at night?
    Anonymous

• If it's happening during the day when she's awake, and she's saying she doesn't feel she has to go. I'd take her to the doc.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• try to talk to her and see if anything is troubling her at school, on the bus or at home. have there been any major changes in her life lately? if you are sure she has no uti, and you can't get any information from her, then i would go to a therapist.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yes, it happens during the day. Not at night. This has been going on since before the house burned down. That was two months ago that that happened. She has been wetting herself during the day a lot about a month before the house. I have tried to talk to her and she just says," I don't Know." The doc says it's a phase, but I just don't know how much more of this we both can take.
    redgilfillan

Answer by redgilfillan at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Have you taken her to a urologist? It's possible for there to be another reason than a UTI.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Take her to a pediatric urologist.
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I would talk to her again explain if she feels there is nothing thats bothering her or she needs to tell you then you will need to take her to a urologist. At that age I doubt it's for attention. Good luck mama!

willywonka86

Answer by willywonka86 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Tell me, what has been your reaction to these recent regressions?

Also, are there ANY changes in your lives within the past 6 months?
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 9:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Take her to the doc asap It could be medical or emotional
    I' go anon so I dont get bashed but some victims of molestation start having accidents find out what is causing it
    Anonymous

• This has been going on since before the house burned down. That was two months ago that that happened. She has been wetting herself during the day a lot about a month before the house.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your house burned down?? She's likely terrified and anxious from that, I know I would be! She needs to talk to someone on an ongoing basis until she regains her sense of security in her family and her house. Poor wee girl.... I hope she can get past this with help from you and a good counsellor or doctor.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010