weightloss

Does any one have weightloss stories they would like to tell or secrets of how they lost weight. Tricks,Ideas ect.

akmami0f4

Asked by akmami0f4 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• bowl of special k with red berries for breakfast. yogurt or sugar free jellow with a string cheese for lunch. lean cuisine meal for dinner. string cheese for snack. sometimes i eat different things also, it just has to be less calories then i burn.
    biggest loser cardio max DVD 5 days a week, yoga DVD 3 days a week, walking whenever its nice out.
    lost 9 pounds so far in 3 weeks.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I'm a Beachbody Coach, and I use their workout videos. My favorites are Slim in 6 and Turbo Jam. I gained about 20 lbs when I started menopause and then another 10 creeped on over the next 6 months. Nothing seemed to work for me until I found Beachbody. Many of their workout programs include a nutrition program and tips .. it's worked great for me.

I've learned to make lifestyle changes for long term results, so I watch what I eat .. sensible meals and snacks, like PURPULbutterfly suggested.

Start & end each day and each meal w/ a glass of water.
    Bake, broil, grill meats .. .use olive or canola oil for cooking.
    More veggies, less carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes & bread)

Also exercise while you sit in the car or on computer. Suck in your stomach, hold, release ..great for abs.

Tips and success stories on my website also.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs

Good Luck!
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I've lost 62lbs in the last 16 months. I started out by counting calories and exercising(different forms of cardio) 5x a week for about 30 - 45 min. Just doing those two things I lost 45lbs in the first 6 months At that point my DH (who was deployed) came home so I kept eating right but the exercise slowed WAY down ( maybe 3 days a week) and I only lost 4lbs in the six months he was home. He deployed again January. At that point I started doing weights in addition to my cardio and eating 6 small healthy meals a day. Doing this has jumped started my weight loss again and I've dropped 13lbs in the last 4(almost 5) months. If you want to talk more you can PM me :)
    MOM2SWEETNESSx3

Answer by MOM2SWEETNESSx3 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sparkpeople.com is awesome and free. Use that to track calories in AND calories out. Here's what I did to lose 60lbs in a year:
    Exercise vigorously 4-6 times per week on average. When I 1st started, that meant walking at a decent pace, elliptical, recumbent bike + light weight training 30-60 min. I didn't do ALL that in one workout, I varied it. Now, I run 15-20 miles per week, swim 1000 yds twice a week, weight training 3x per week, indoor cycling class 1-2x per week. 6 days most of the time. That's a lot, but I've fallen in love with working out, so its purely because I enjoy it.
    Eating: Learned healthy recipes that I LOVE, like black bean burgers, vegetarian tacos, etc. Cut down my portions. I use the same size small plates I give my kids. I treat myself once in awhile (I normally save treats for pms time!) I eat lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, veggies. I took small steps, changing one thing at a time.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• 68 lbs. in one year. Low carb, low fat and exercise. TONS of water. I still have another 60 lbs. to lose though so trying to add new exercises to my routine and get more dilligent.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:35 PM on May. 2, 2010

• I used nutritional rebalancing/cleansing to lose weight and keep it off. Message me if you want more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 10:04 PM on May. 2, 2010