Should I buy a nursing bra at 7 mos prego?

I already bought a new bra a few months ago in a larger cup size but now I apparently need another size up...but I hate to spend a lot of money on something I won't use long. Has anyone bought a nursing bra to wear prior to the birth of your baby? And I'm wondering if I'll need another one after that...so many expenses!

veggiemom2010

Asked by veggiemom2010 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it also helped with finding which brand you prefer.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, why not?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yes. I made a mistake buying bigger, non-nursing bras when my old ones didn't fit. It was a waste of $$ cause I only wore them for about a month and after baby was born, I needed nursin gbras badly. You can wear a nursing bra even when you aren't nursing, so yes I would and I would buy 2 or 3.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yup I did, it shouldn t be the exact size on you now. try to find a bra that fit you now but has a little more room to fit you when you ll have the baby. Another criteria to consider is whether you r gonna breastfeed or not? if yes buy one if not you won t need it.
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I DID AND I WOULD IF I WERE YOU. SPORTS BRAS WORKED FOR ME, BUT IF YOU TEND TO LEAK I WOULD GET NURSING PADS TOO
    Marshallsmom422

Answer by Marshallsmom422 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I bought some nursing tank tops at Target that I loved and they fit me right after deliver all the way thru nursing for 7 months, because they just changed sizes with me since they were stretchy. But you could easily wear the nursing bra now although there is really no telling what size you will need after delivery, but hopefully one of the sizes you have will work. Just buy one or two now though in case you need a different size after delivery.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My first pregnancy I swear I bought a new bra every few months, which is very expensive! At the end of my pregnancy I discovered these things that you add to your existing bra that extends the life of it....it's like extra bra hooks, about 2 inches or so long. That and a new bra are all that I've bought this pregnancy. However the best nursing bra that I have is one that is like a razor back sports bra, very comfy and easy to use. I have it in a few colors, because for the first few months that you're nursing you'll be wearing it constantly, so go for comfort over cuteness!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 8:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010