Anyone have a 2-door car?

I have a 2-door car that I really like, but am seriously considering buying a 4-door for easier access to the car seat once my baby is born this summer. Does anyone else have a 2-door with a car seat, and if so, would you recommend I keep mine? If it's going to be a huge hassle to deal with the car seat issue, I'd rather just trade it in now.

veggiemom2010

Asked by veggiemom2010 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband and I had 2 mustangs when our oldest was born. We were going to try to keep. Less than 2 weeks after he was born we traded mine in on an Expedition. It was a complete pain in the butt. The car seat base would not fit so we have to put the car seat in using the seat belt and would have to re-install it everytime we wanted to put him in the car. Having 4-doors is so much easier.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i have a 2 door car that i love too....i thought about getting a new one before my dd was born in january but i didnt....its actually alot easier for me than i expected...its harder for my so to put her in and out of it but thats because hes 6'3" and its hard for him to get in and out of my car himself....when she gets to heavy in the carseat to manuver easily in and out ill just put her in a different rear facing seat...not and infant carrier....i think thats where the hassle might come in....ill just have to wait and see on that one so cant offer any advice for later on but infant carriers arent that bad they just snap into the base
    maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have a 2-door car... my passenger seat moves all the way up so it's very easy for me to put my son in & get him out... I thought about trading in before he was born, but now, I'm really glad I didn't... It's definitely not as hard as I thought it would be and to me, it's actually easier than DH's 4-door Dodge Neon...
    mrs_patterson

Answer by mrs_patterson at 4:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My husband and I only had 2 door cars up until we had our daughter. We were SO sick of having bumbs on our heads and back aches from buckling her up, we gave up and bought a 4 door. It's much easier now...and to be honest, when you become a Mom, having a rocket for a car doesn't really matter all that much anymore...haha.
    jaydek

Answer by jaydek at 12:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2010