This is healthy, isn't it???

I just started a diet, and for an example.. Here is what I have eaten and will eat for the day. Is this healthy or not? A woman I work with said I was eating too many calories, but for my height/weight, I feel like this is good.

Breakfast- Low Sugar/Low Carb oatmeal. No butter. Apple and 1/2 serving size of nuts (for good fat. )
Lunch-Tuna on one piece of whole wheat toast. Serving size of brown rice chips and a banana.
Dinner-4 to 6 ounces of baked tilapia. Serving size of lima beans. Small side salad with no dressing.
For my snacks during the day. My first snack was a slim fast bar with 100 calories and my snack between lunch and dinner was 3 strawberries and like 10 grapes. Is this not healthy? I really thought I was doing good.. and now I'm starting to wonder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You are doing good. I was told by my mothers personal trainer that if you were trying to lose weight that you shouldnt consume more than 1200 calories per day. When I diet I always eat like 1500 calories then after a week of that I start consuming 1200 calories. Its easier and I dont get frustrated and indulge if I start out slow.
    I think your doing a great job. Just remember water,water ,water!!!
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• calculate it on weight watchers.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Sounds like you're doing good. You need to tell your co-worker that if you consume too few calories it can actually make it harder to lose weight.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 1:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• all that stuff is good and healthy for you, but you need to go on your search engine and look up a calorie calculator, and see how many calories you burn a day ... then calculate how many your eating. in order to loose weight, you need to eat less then you burn. & dont forget your not gonna get too far if you dont exercise.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Up the fresh veggies, and lose the weight watchers bars (have you read the ingredients?)

salad can be dressed with vinegar & evoo... It's GOOD for you, and you should eat as much of the leafy stuff as you like. Strawberries are one of the most low cal snacks you can have, 1 1/2 cups of whole berries is only about 65 calories! Eat up!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The food you are eating sounds fine. It's healthy. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I would add more veggies such as broccoli with lemon but no butter or sliced tomatoes.As has been said too few calories slows your metabolism down.You are looking for healthy not scary skinny

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Um if you can stick to that and no cheat your amazing, tell tha debbie downer at work to stop projecting onto you.
    fmkinsey

Answer by fmkinsey at 8:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010