Crist Will Announce Candidacy As Independant.

Tomorrow Christ will show his true colors switiching his status from republican to Independant. Today he withdrew his support for drilling because he says it is to ecologically dangerous. Here is an article if you are interested.
Whats your opinion?
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fla_gov_charlie_crist_will_run_senate_x0J36X88QDBNNhGXwC6RfP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He will split the vote and give the seat to a Democrat imo. I would say he has come out of the closet so to speak. He certainly doesn't have the best interests of the people in mind does he?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think this proves that he is running for all the wrong reasons. He is doing it for HIS EGO, rather than to do what is best for the people. He is definitely a RINO, well, till tomorrow when he becomes an Indie. Time for Rubio to get down to it! I think that Rubio CAN pull this off, but he will have to be careful.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• He's switching to independent because he hasn't a prayer of getting to the general election any other way. YSK, I agree. I think his only real interest is in his own political career.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I agree with yourspecial and 29again. He will end up splitting the vote. I won't claim to know his real agenda. Perhaps he really thinks he can win it. I don't really know. I am doubting it though. Elected officials should get a clue when it's time for them to quietly bow out.   JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have heard that after polling (thats iffy) they say he has a chance to win but I don't see it. Rubio is up by 35 or so pts and I doubt many if any of those would go over to his side. That means he has to pull Dem votes. I see a few moderate Dems but no where near enough.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• GOOD FOR HIM.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2010