Do you think another Civil war is possible...??

Do you think with the divide getting bigger by the moment. That there could ever possibly be another civil war?

Tell me what you think why, or why not...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I do, there is so much hate on both sides, but I feel that there are many on left side (and maybe they are just more vocal and not as many as it may seem) or at least what I have seen, seem to have a deep hatred for those who disagree with them to the point that I think they would want be happy to see them dead.

Anonymous

• No... The majority of Americans according to MANY polls(Gallup, Pew, Rasmussen) are center-right... The current administration is too far left. Obama campaigned as a moderate. He may think he is moderate because the people he associates with are far left progressives.. HOWEVER, the American people are waking up and realizing that Obama is not nearly as moderate as he campaigned... November will be a huge wake up call for the BO administration. Then bring on 2012... But a civil war? No..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• First of all to the first response that is not true, nobody wants to see anyone dead. Its not the disagreeing with us, its the constant use of misinformation from the right that I myself don't like. They say it on Fox or on the radio and then supporters come to places like this and repeat them. Things like people on the left get angry just because people disagree with them and want the otherside dead.
    Anywho, I used to ponder this myself. But you know we are the kind of people who get pissed off if we don't get our morning coffee. We are highly inconvienced if a storm knocks out our power and we don't have tv or internet. We like going to the supermarket , Target and Starbucks. We are on many perscription drugs for heartburn, restless leg syndrome, anti-depressants and viagra. We like our lives too much for a civil war. Protesting at tea parties and this Arizona bill and debating on the internet doesn't disrupt our lives.
    Anonymous

• grlygrlz2, I disagree. Many liberals are unhappy that he is too much too moderate. Its all about perception. A command of the facts helps too.
    Anonymous

• No. Maybe a few wacky websites talk about a "new civil war" but nobody in their right mind takes them seriously.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• it always has been and always will be possible. I don't know how likely it is.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Anon10:55 I am the first response, I didn't say they wanted them dead, but what I said it seemed like they would be happy to see them dead. Plus I didn't say all of those to the left, I even clarified that it could be just a few, just that the few could be more vocal. Plus I said there is hate on both sides. A deep hate it seems. I didn't state it as fact or truth, just that it seems that way.
    Anonymous

• its the constant use of misinformation from the right that I myself don't like

As opposed to the misinformation on the left? That is fine with you? Seems alot of that misinformation is proving to be INFORMATION as you can see in what the dems are admitting now with the healthcare bill.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I dont for see one in the with black and while Americans "WE ARE ALL AMERICANS" Like W. Goldbird said years ago. I do see other issues. Like Hispanic right issues coming to play in the future. What people don't realize is during the war and other times in our history many immigrants came to America. Our Country is made up of all cultures. That is one thing that makes us unique.
    butterfly04rt

Answer by butterfly04rt at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Seems alot of that misinformation is proving to be INFORMATION as you can see in what the dems are admitting now with the healthcare bill.

YEP it would appear conservatives were right on several occassions...and more to come no doubt about that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2010