My Aunt & Uncle have two beautiful dogs....What can I do it is not my business?

Everytime I go visit they have these dogs tied I mean they let them loose from time to time but. I feel sorry for them it doesn't seem fair. they tell me they are fine but I look at them like I wish someone would play with me 24/7. it is not my spot to judge but the dogs seem fine other than that no harm done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pets

• in some places its illegal to tie/chain dogs up.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Do they just tie them up when company is coming over to visit? I know some people do that so thier dogs won't be jumping all over people.
    Anonymous

• OP here it's more like all of the time I guess bc they've ran away before and they like to dig I believe those are the reason for tying them :(
    Anonymous

• If it isn't against the law to have them tied up where they live then there isn't much you can do. If they live near you and you have the time you could go over and take them out for a walk and play with them a little. At this point something is better than nothing
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Imagine living your life tied to a pole and only when these creatures ( humans ) decided to let you off the chain to play or maybe go walk you was when you got to exercise, get all that energey out of you, play, comunicate with others. Could you imagine......... How horriable, this is a time when moral courage comes into place. You either need to take a stand with them and tell them how you feel and make them understand the cruelty in this and or report them. Animal control will come out take a look at the situation and if they deem that animals are not giving enough room to do whats mentioned above they will give them a citation letting them know what they must do within a certain time period before someone comes back to ensure it has been done. If everything is then ok then nothing more comes of it and everybody is happy. These animals are 100% dependent upon us. Someone has to stick up for them..............
    fmkinsey

Answer by fmkinsey at 8:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My dad and stepmom were like this. They had a poor dog tied up all the time. He got fed and watered everyday and a warm dog house in the winter. But no one played with him. I felt so sorry for him. He lived pretty old, I think 14 or so and when my stepmom said they had to put him to sleep because of cancer, I was actually kind of happy for the poor guy. Thankfully, they have no intentions of getting another dog.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010