Is it normal for your baby's heart rate to keep getting lower?

At first my baby's heart rate was 160, then 154, then, 147, then 142... is that normal or does it mean something is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• DOn't worry, everything should be fine. In my experience the rate gets a little lower as the fetus gets bigger. And it also depends if they are sleeping or awake when they check the heart rate. WIth my current pregnancy, it started out as 150 and now its down to 132 the last time I went in for a prenatal appointment.
    Maybe next time you go to doctor, drink oranje juice or eat something sweet or with caffiene in it to wake baby up and get him/her moving around in there and I bet the heart rate will bea little higher! Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• As long as it's still in the normal range, it's fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yup! My doctor said the younger the baby the higher it will be. My baby's was 180 at my 10 wk 3dy appt, and he said it should get a little lower as it grows.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010