I wanna let my hubby do this...(about OPEN RELATIONSHIPS) Please ONLY answer if you are in an open relationship. If you are someone who doesn't believe open relationships can work, then please don't bother opening this and just move on to the next question. I am looking for support and advice, not bashing. Please and Thank You.

If you don't understand, and you're NOT in an open relationship...please don't answer this question with your opinions and telling me that it wont work, and that it will ruin our relationship..I've heard it all before.....

I would like to let my hubby have a "booty call" one person who he can call when he wants to get laid. There are reasons behind this that you probably wouldn't understand..but I feel like this is something that I really want to do. Only problem is, I'm afraid of how it will make me feel afterward. So, those of you who are IN an open relationship...how do you deal with allowing your man to be with other women? Does it kill you? I mean, I know to him it's only sex, and nothing more...but what if the other woman gets attached? I have fears, but I want to move past them, and be able to deal with this..any advice? Please don't bash me or tell me I'm crazy. I know what I want...and I'm asking for advice, thats it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• craziness...yes the other women probably will get attached. oops I wasn't suppose to answer but its a freedom of speech right? Hope he uses protection but other than that GOOD LUCK:)
    Anonymous

• dont cry to the other girl when he brings you home her herpes
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Well, if you're secure with your relationship, and know that it's just sex to him... then don't worry about the other girls feelings. Personally, if I were allowing DH to have sex with someone else, I would limit their time together... that way they aren't cuddling... or having deep conversations together that would lead to him falling in love and leaving me. (not that I would ever allow it, I'm an extremely jealous person and can't stand him talking to or looking at other women) but I'm not against someone else doing it in their relationship.. to each his own.
    Anonymous

• lol thanks PURPULbutterfly, but obviously there would be conditions...and he would be using protection. I'm not an idiot. Thanks though.
    Anonymous

• Wow I guess ppl can't read lol ummm if it's something u think u could do then go for it. My So and I have had 3somes before but I don't think I would be cool having him being with another woman without me... just because eventually there is going to be emotions... Also I would make sure she is on BC and your DH wears a condom so u don't have an unplanned pregnancy and make sure she is clean. Will u have a side piece too? GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• hmmmm.....? I'm not in an open relationship but I'm not gonna bash you either because this is between you and your hubby.

Here's my opinion if you feel comfortable enough for him to have a booty call then so be it. look at it this way. He married you and chooses to live his life with you and not the other girl. so I say let him have what he wants. In the end he's still choosing you over the other girl right?
    Anonymous

• If you are going to do this that is the chances you are going to have to take. So are you allowed to have someone else also. If not I say screw that
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I am in an open relationship due to medical conditions not allowing for certain things to happen. Just make sure everything is laid on the table for the outsider, and that certain rules are set for the both of you as well. If you don't want to know about her make it known that you are ok with this but that you do not want to know about her or hear about it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :56. Lay down rules and make sure he follows them (time limits, protection, location, testing, etc.). Also, while I know keeping it to one "other woman" limits risk of diseases and other issues that can come with multiple partners, it might help the jealousy issue to have a rotation so he's not seeing the same woman all the time. I guess you'd have to figure out which is more worth it to you.

Good luck, I guess....
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Why be in a relationship with a man that wants to sleep around with other women? I find that the other woman WILL get attatched..remember with a man its just sex, but with a woman its an emotional connection...
    Anonymous