Racial/ethnic minorities: are you getting tired of white people telling us that the things we consider to be acts of racism are NOT racism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• hahahah, yes! So get this, I am half-Mexican and half Chinese and I hear racist comments/remarks all the time. My Mexican family has been in the US for 5 generations, yes 5 generations! I was born and raised in CA. I get remarks like 'are you from Singapore?" "I didnt' know they make those now, etc." Strangers have asked me if I speak English?! I have a B.A. in English for Christ's sake! What some white ppl fail to understand is that minorities deal with these assumptions all the time, for some everyday. Most white people have never had to deal with such an episode, ok, maybe someone called them a cracker once, but the closest they get to feeling discriminated is when a minority person calls them a racist. Then they can finally get offended over something!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yes!! Easy to say "Let them eat cake!" Completely from a privileged point of view!
    Anonymous

• well i'm white and i have not judged anyone who is over here LEGALLY now if you are illegal then get your ass back to your country and stop complaining about ours (CANADIANS, ASIANS, HISPANICS EVERYONE)
    Anonymous

• BOO HOO, I am so sick of the empty cries of racism. You hurt the cause for things that really are racist.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The "boy who cried wolf" comes to mind.
    Anonymous

• If you are talking about the AZ bill being racists, all I ask is that you PROVE specifically in the bill where it is racist? AND if it is racist, then that makes Federal Law racist? ORRRRR is it that the AZ law isn't racist, but actually, 'some' are assuming LAW ENFORCEMENT are racist???

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• No kidding! Easy to say when they have never been a minority and treated like a foreigner or second class citizen when your family has been here for generations or has earned their way.
    Anonymous

• There are legitimate cases, but I know people that cry racist every chance they get. This people are idiotic and have no idea what the term really means. Life is hard for everyone, stop using it as an excuse... it takes away from the people with real issues.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• No one is talking to you carpy! BTW you are the whining queen!

Thanks and I do believe it is an open forum you hate mongering progressive.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yup! It is not for the racist to decide what is racist and what isn't, but to those are being discriminated and abused!
    Anonymous