has anyone brokeing there own water

i was just woundering if any one has broke there own water at home to induce labor please no bashing me if you have broke you own water please tell me how yes i know it is dangerious i just want to know if anyone has and how

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have read about women using a crochet hook that they sanitized and then snagged their bag of waters.

Personally I think it's beyond risky and I know you don't want to be bashed, but I really hope you don't do this. I have heard it's really not good to be putting anything in your vagina once you are dilated because it can push bacteria up into the cervix and this is especially true once your water has broken...

I know you are uncomfortable and wanting to meet your baby, but I promise you can't be pregnant forever. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OMG!! DO NOT DO THIS!! Horrible :(
    Anonymous

• What would be sharp enough would likely scratch or cut the baby's head. Plus, you won't have much control doing it yourself. Don't risk it Mama. That aside intact waters protect the baby from the pressure of contractions (they are felt with far more force once that cushion of water is gone). Are you getting anxious to bring your baby on? Please don't try doing it this way. Consider castor oil instead. I used it to induce 3 of my babies. 50mls in milk (don't put it in anything citrus or eat anything citrus afterward) 3 hours apart after 37 weeks. BUT only take the second dose if there is NO sign of labor. Drink plenty of water and eat light meals only. Stay near a toilet! (citrus & spicey foods make the diarrhea sting!) Labor starts as easily as it would without castor oil. If it doesn't work that day. You're not ready. Wait a few more days and try again. xxx
    Anonymous

• Cont:
    That's a maximum of 100mls of castor oil (ie: only two 50ml doses). It's being offerred increasingly now in parts of the UK where they are more hands off and natural that the States.
    Anonymous

• what would 50ml be in tablespoons
    itsagirl200801

Answer by itsagirl200801 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I did castor oil also with my son and it worked for me. I did it on my due date. I took 2 table spoons and couldnt stomach any more. My mid wife told me to take a 4oz bottle mix it with orange juice and a little soda and chug it down.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS, IT IS DANGEROUS FOR YOU AND YOUR BABY!!!
    And Old wives tales are just that...Myths! No walking, sex or even castor oil works except waiting for labor to happen on its own. Nothing works except baby coming when he/she is ready, be patient no one is ever pregnant forever!!!
    Anonymous