Need advice on buying a house in Colorado.

My husband is an E-3. Just re-enlisted in the army. My first experience in the army. I have boys 2 and 9 years old. Will be moving to Colorado in June. Would like some advice as to what area is good to buy a house and which schools are good. I am thinking of somewhere in Fountain.

Thanks!

2mykids

Asked by 2mykids at 2:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would ask in the Colorado Moms group. There are a fair amount of women from the Colorado Springs area. I would have no idea about Fountain, as I live up in Denver.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The entire Springs area is lovely. You should be able to find a nice place at a reasonable price anywhere in the area. Presumably your husband is PCS'ing to Ft. Carson? You probably won't want to look at Falcon because that is pretty far east. Woodland Park is gorgeous and out of the way but it's a bit of a drive and can be challenging in the winter time. But Fountain, Security, Wakefield, the Springs, are all reasonably close and have good housing prices.
    If you're considering school districts, you may want to look at CO Springs, district 11. It has one of the best public school programs in the state.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My sister's husband is in the army and was stationed at Ft. Carson. They lived in Fountain for 4 years and she LOVED it (she's originally from teh east coast). They have three children, two of which were in school. She LOVED the elementary school there in Fountain. And from what she told me, the housing prices weren't that bad. It was alos close enough to base that her hubby could get to wok fairly easy in the winter weather.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2010