visitors and routine (how can our friends' visit not ruin our lives??!)

Our girls are almost 3 years old and 19 months. Our lives go back and forth between insane and manageable depending on what phase each is going through... Right now we are in a terrific place. Our oldest who was fighting bedtime and possibly giving up naps (but was over-tired all on a consistent basis) is now going to bed at night and nap peaceably and even sleeping until 7am (never in her life has she consistently done this). And our little one is potty trained and doing well, but only has been doing well for a short while. Our friends arrive this weekend. A four year-old who has given up naps and an almost-two year-old. Both boys. Both loud. Both great fun... We have a very small house and we're going to be on top of each other as it is. I'm so excited, these are such great friends it's like we're family, and we've lived kind of communally before... but how can we make sure this doesn't turn everything upside-down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• dont sweat it. Even if it is a set back you will be fine. I have a 15,13, & 9 and can tell you there are ALWAYS going to be set backs. If you get too set in your ways and too ridged the stress trickles down to the kids. Do the best you can and just go wiht it. It cant be much longer than a week right?

Anonymous

• OP here: Right, a week. It just figures that this would come right when my husband and I are looking at each other, for what seems like the first time ever, saying "isn't this a piece of cake?" The sleep-fighting phase was so long and horrible and it came after our last major disruption -- a two-week trip to the in-laws' house. So I guess I'm just anxious. I will definitely try to relax...
    Anonymous

• I know.. it is a bummer... but try to have fun with the guests.

Wine always helps... LOL!
    Anonymous

• Well I would make sure they get theor nap time and bed time when needed your friends kids need to maybe have rest time in another room or go out for a walk and then have quiet time till your kids are ready to get up. Good Luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Wouldn't it figure that these are our friends who don't drink??? :)
    Anonymous