fisher price frog potty chair...

anyone have this potty chair? I was browsing the potty aisle in walmart and my son had his eyes glued on that one. He's been taking his diaper off and holding everything in for long periods...i think he's about ready! We have a safety 1st truck 3-in-1 but I'm not very fond of it. My son doesnt seem to sit on it comfortably, but I might save the removable insert for the big potty.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your son may just end up preferring the ring on the big potty. My girls both did. If the safety 1st one isn't comfortable on the little one, though, would the insert be comfortable for him on the big potty? I think comfort is key. Munchkin makes a great potty ring that's comfy and fits very securely (we've used lots of others in lots of other places -- I'm not sure if Target still carries it?). The froggy one certainly captures the eye, and it may be just fine, but it may be that your son is merely attracted to it as a toy. To me, a potty needs to be functional. So as long as it seems comfortable and functional, I guess it could be as good as any other...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• let him stant, he is a BOY
    Anonymous

• Why do boys have to stand?
    EmilySusan

• why do they have to sit? how many grown men do you see peeing sitting down? and urinals are not made to sit on
    Anonymous

• My husband swears that it's nicer to sit. But we're talking about little toddler boys. I don't think they need to be macho men at age 2.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• very true emily susan! it is the insert he sits on whether it's on the base or the big potty LOL I didnt think that far ahead. I have seen those cushy potty rings I'll look into that one...and yes it probably did capture his eyes because of the "frog" not because "oh wow what a cool potty" lol.
    anon 231, not all boys are potty trained standing up right away!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My boys never could use a potty chair. They used it maybe 2-3 times each and went right to standing / sitting on the big potty. I wouldn't pay a lot of money for another one. It may never get used.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• well I'm most likely going to stick to getting a potty ring, but just thought I'd ask about the frog potty chair, since many recommend the bjorn chairs (which is similar to the frog one)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Why do boys have to sit? to POOP. It's easier to train them sitting for both functions. Then, when boys are taller and able to reach the potty, they can learn standing. My son preferred the ring on the big potty to the potty chair. I think he didn't like being so squat to the ground. The frog one sounds super cute though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010