Where IS this woman??

Dear lady on Jamaica St. Queens NYC:

Where the F**K are you?

This poor man came to your rescue. For his bravery he was stabbed and left to die cold and alone on the sidewalk.

And they are STILL looking for the you. You know damn well who you are.

Come forward already! Give a statement; try to help the police locate the man that not only tried to mug you but killed this Good Samaritan that saved your day you selfish callous b*tch!

*If by some miracle someone on CM knows this woman - feel free to pass the msg along*

The video has made headlines across the globe, not for its brutality, but for the indifference it seems to convey. It shows Mr. Tale-Yax lying face down for more than an hour on a sidewalk, as dozens of people walk past him.

They were still looking on Tuesday for the man who stabbed Mr. Tale-Yax and the woman whom he tried to protect.

RIP Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax<

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw this in the news and was baffled at the amount of people that just walked by and did nothing, there was one person that stopped to take a picture of the poor dying man, I often get disgusted at the human race and why I love my dog even more! I sure hope someone knows who this woman is!!!

Answer by older at 2:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Hey I agree the lady should step forward.May this man ..brave soul..rest in peace.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• older I too am beyond disgusted that people could be so cruel. Their lack of empathy astounds me. Apparently it's a good thing I have absolutely no authority of any kind because if I did and I could identify any of those people; laws be damned I'd sentence them to some form of community service. And the bastard that stopped to take a picture; oh yeah I find a way to charge him with something so he'd not only have community service but some form of probation. Sorry if you can stop and take a dying person's photo and then just carry on with your day (outside of a war zone) there is something seriously wrong 'upstairs' and I'm thinking they probably shouldn't be just strolling around unsupervised!!

At the absolute very least I strongly feel each and every one of those people deserves a psych eval.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• ^^ And yes I'm letting my emotions get the better of my logic here - but you know in some cases; I think that's what we need to do...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It's called the bystander's effect. They think since there are so many people around, someone else will do something. Sad.
    Anonymous

• wow how terribly sad
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 5:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Wow......I wish she would come forward too. But,it seems nowdays there is a lack of self control and a lack of respectable behavior or a lack of conscience, lacl of morals. (And, a lack of appropriate language. Too many "F" words and other filthy words.Hint...)
    I wish everyone would be kinder andhave a conscience.
    Anonymous

• Anon - a man died trying to save her and she's hiding instead of giving a statement to assist with the capture of the suspect - sorry that deserves some (edited-hint) curse words.

The problem isn't "a lack of appropriate language"; it's the uneducated or intentionally ignorant people of the world with limited vocabulary that uses only those words constantly for every situation. There is however a time and a place for them to be used; usually in cases of extreme emphasis. Otherwise they would have never been created in the first place.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Also in NYC people see homeless people drunk and passed out in public all the time so really that's why all the people just walked by! I would be scared to nudge or get to close to someone like that , also because of disease!

Anonymous

• I would be scared to nudge or get to close to someone like that , also because of disease!

***
    And that "fear" would have prevented you from say calling 911 on your cell phone, or telling someone walking by to call for help?! Good Samaritans don't necessarily need to put their own lives in danger, they just need to HELP the situation!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2010