could you pls share an easy recipe that includes ground beef and rice?

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 2:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• tacos
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• make rice. brown ground beef. mix together with mushroom soup and a packet of brown gravy mix.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yep, just make fried rice (my husband is Korean).

Just cook your beef until it's brown and break it up. Then add chopped veggies. I cook potatoes, then onions, and then add veggies that don't have to cook as long like squash, carrots, zuccini, celery, etc. After the veggies are done, add the rice. Add butter (about 3 table spoons). Stir it all together and season with salt and pepper, the seasoning salt you like most, or soy sauce.

You can also make it with bell pepper or mushrooms. Or even peas and corn. Pretty much any veggie you have can be mixed in.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I've got a great one! I have to look it up though , so I'll try to remember to get in here tomorrow and post it. If I don't, message me for it!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My family loves this. I cook 2 lbs ground beef with onions (can skip the onions) and drain. While it's draining, I cook some rice in the same pan (instant rice, usually 6 servings, usually brown rice - but any rice will work). When it's done, I add the meat back in, add green beans (frozen or canned, or cooked fresh) and a couple cans of cream of whatever soup, plus some milk to make it soupy. I season with black pepper, garlic, onion, and whatever else sounds good. In the meantime (usually while the rice is cooking) I mix up a batch of drop biscuits (Bisquik or generic has the recipe on the box). We crumble the biscuit on our plate and put the meat mixture over top. Kind of like a pot pie. You could also put the meat mixture in a 9x13, mix up the biscuits with extra milk and pour that over, or use refrigerated or frozen biscuits, or even slices of bread.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2010