I feel so bad! Have you ever made a mistake like this?

I saw a little girl go into my DD's school today with what looked like a cast. I said "Awww you hurt your foot" Her mom look uncountable and the child said. It doesn't hurt. I looked again and put 2 and 2 thought. The poor sweetie had a deformity. I feel like such an ass. I never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable about something like that. :0(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oops... no biggy... lesson learned... be more careful next time.. you meant well
    Anonymous

• It's embarrassing but it happens, I'm sure they understand. I know I would, it was an honest mistake.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i'm sure they knew you didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. cheer up it's ok
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Oh boy can I relate! I use to take new born baby pictures in the maternity ward at local hospitals, I went from room to room asking to have the newborn baby picture taken and you have no idea how many times I entered a room where the baby had died!!! I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me!

Answer by older at 2:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yikes! insert foot into mouth lol! it's okay. it was an honest mistake. she and her mother both know you were only showing concern. i seriously doubt it's the first time someone took notice.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It happens to all of us. I'm sure they understand.
    Anonymous

• It was an honest mistake. We've all done it at one time or another. Just last week I asked a woman if she knew yet whether she was having a boy or a girl (we were talking about babies). She told me she had given birth four months ago and still needed to lose the weight. Oops!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2010