theres nothing wrong with being overweight & obese? but theres something wrong with smoking?

when people post questions about smokers, and mothers who smoke - everyone responds saying how its disgusting, they are bad mothers, bad role models etc. - but when someone posts a question about being obese or overweight, its no big deal & we shouldnt judge them? why? they both are unhealthy, cause heart problems, and can kill you. so if your fat and you dont want me to judge you, please dont judge me on my ciggerates. ill put my ciggerates down when you put your cookies down. :)

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Health

• I agree they are both bad habits. Cigs and over eating are both really hard addictions to change!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Fair trade, I agree!

Answer by older at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Who says being fat is okay? Besides those who are?
    Anonymous

• AMEN! Preach it sista!

Oh, but I forgot, people who don't approve of obesity are now "racist" *shakes head* Gotta love how one actually does MORE damage to a person, but it is more socially acceptable than the other.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i agree. they are both equally bad for you. i'm not anywhere near obese, nor do i smoke. heart problems run in my family, along with diabetes, lung cancer, and obesity. why put yourself at risk by being over weight or being a smoker? i say they both need to go.
    Anonymous

• I think the biggest difference between the two is when you're smoking, you're sharing your cigarette with your child. It's literally like they're smoking it right along with you. If you're overweight, it's possible that your child is not reaping the damages. And sometimes, too, being overweight could because of or a side affect of something else, not just overeating (medication, diabetes, something genetic). There is no reason to smoke other than pure choice.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• you could be fat because you had lots of kids,have low metabolism,have tariod problems,
    and you can be a smoker because you want to,because you want and because you want to
    lets no act like all people are big because they eat wrong,some have that problem from just giving birth once.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• not everyone who smokes ciggerates, smokes around there child.
    & most likley, if you are obese/overweight, your children will be too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• busylovinghim - i gained 60 pounds while i was pregnant. i only have 10 left to lose, and i achieved that with diet and exercise.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Way to go PURPUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats to you! I also gained 50 pounds with each of my three pregnancies, and it is a myth you can't get back to what you use to be.

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2010