the superintendent of schools????

ok with everything going on in our neighborhood and us being ostricysed (sp)from the town my dh and i have descided to put my dd in another middle school in the town.my dh called the superintendent and was going to set up a meeting.they already got in touch with the school that she is going to now with out talking to us...the principal basicaly told us we could not switch my dd.why didnt the super get in touch with us first. we already know that the principal doesnt like us. now she hates us more and started more drama.

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, all I can think of is to not take the principal's word for whatever the superintendent (supposedly) decided. Talk directly to him/her, and bypass the principal, since s/he clearly doesn't want to help you. I'd think the principal would want you to go to a different school though, if she doesn't like you guys. Something smells fishy here. There is no reason whatsoever that you cannot meet with the superintendent directly.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Go to the superintendent. I know of someone else that switched. Please do not be intimidated by the principal. Move on and do what is best for dd.
    Anonymous

• I find it amazing how people who are supposed to be so educated, can be so ignorant and judgemental. My oldest daughter, was adjudged a troublemaker and class nuesence in grade school. Knowing her better, I fought with the principal for months trying to get her into more challenging classes and kept hearing that her test scores did not warrent that. I finally broke through to someone that would listen and she was moved up on a trial basis. Her test scores and attitude shot way up.... night and day difference and she stayed in advanced cources all through schools. I've always thought of teachers ashaving a hard and noble job, but it seems like these days it is more about pompous attitude. I still give kuddo's to the teachers that care and I hope somewhere in time that can be the norm again.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2010