Severe pain! Is this normal?

I went to see my doctor today I'm 5 and a half months pregnant and this whole month i've been having severe abdominal pain. Its my second child, but my first pregnancy was not this painful. My sides hurt really bad to the point where it hurts to walk or especially bend down. Sex is no fun either. My doctor told me to stop drinking coffee or gasy foods n it'll go away. But i'm convinced its something else. When I bend down, like to touch my toes, I get stabbing pains right under my chest and it feels just like a contraction, and I start to feel faint. I almost passed out the other day. I lost my balance , thank god the couch was near by to catch my fall. I've been thru some traumatic things this pregnancy which may play a role. but can these pains just be gas. My hip's been killing me and walking even seems like work. i'm only 5 months for heaven's sake!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like what i was going thu the other day im 7 months and i know i got off my feet and relax and it help i dont know if this will help you much or not
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think you should get a 2nd opinion to be on the safe side.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• you should cut the caffeine if you are experiencing something that feels like a contraction. you should also drink more water. caffeine and dehydration can cause contractions. instead of bending over, try to squat down instead. you could try some prenatal yoga, it could help with the hip pain...and i am not sure about your trauma, but if it was physical you should talk to your dr. before taking on yoga. if your trauma was emotional, then the yoga could help you cope with it. a chiropractor is good for hip pain too, a chiropractor is good for all pregnant women!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i think if it is ur side hurting it is probably ur uterus growing and all the ligaments stretching..i didnt have it with my first and had it bad with my second
    luvnmybabies05

Answer by luvnmybabies05 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• If you see any signs of bleeding or start feeling lightheaded, you should be seen immediately.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I experienced this too, usually the explanation was that the baby's head was positioned that side, however it is best that you consult your doctor on this. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 10:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2012