Please help. Long story

My aunt has three kids now ages 16, 11, & 7… 3 years ago she did heroin. I got guardianship of the kids at that time, I was 18 & not fully understanding the situation she manipulated me into giving them back to her just after 3 weeks. She said she was better. A month later the kids where telling me how mommy was acting. I called DSS, the police, the school, even went down to the DSS office showed them videos of the filth they live in and how things are. NOTHING WAS DONE. This is still going on. She goes to a methadone clinic however she is dropping cigg on the floor when she falls asleep, sleeping on the kitchen & bathroom floor, sleeping in the car slurs her words & makes no sense when talking. She keeps buying animals and they keep dying or escaping her house it is fifthly. (continued bellow)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• (continued) These are my cousins. After I called the police (not realizing they were as crooked as she) I asked them to go to her house after I left in tears, I asked them to do a wellness check. 6 hours later they showed up. I did not know she was friends with them. My cousin have rashes even the Drs have called DSS & the school. I’m so stressed. She won’t allow me to see her kids because I called them but I love them and don’t know what else I can do. HELP PLEASE... Those kids need to get out of there….There has to be other option PLEASE I BEG YOU THIS HAS GONE ON TOO LONG...
    Anonymous

• Have you called CPS child prtective services. They have to help. i'm sorry for whats going on, can you get together more of your family and friends who have witnessed this and get them to testify, you might want to even go to the sherifs office and tell them. i wish i had more to say, but this is all i can think of. i can't beleive that they have done nothing
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OP HERE~ Yes.. my entire family sat down with her and told her to get help and we would take care of the kids. She went to a detox for 2 days. This is 3 years ago. She let no one in the family see the kids or her for 2 years. now she lets 2 people from the family stop over 2-3 times a year. They will not go to court or anything like that. I would I love them. The rest of my family is so far removed from the situation they just dont care anymore. The kids are aweful kids but its not there fault you know? Its the parents they have good hearts they are just in a bad situation. My family just ignores them now. DSS told my aunt they just dont listen to the phone calls waymore because they realize none of it is true. WHAT???? Im so upset i just cant do this anymore. I need themout of there.
    Anonymous

• She is not going to stop until she is wants help or dies, whatever comes first. There is plenty of help out there. A call to the Coroner's Office may help, they will take her on the spot and she will be forced to get detoxed. Hope this helps, God bless you and your family.
    steponme2

Answer by steponme2 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010