can you dye your hair when your six months prego?

ur supposed to do things that make you feel better when ur prego, and seeing my blonde roots isnt making me very happy? what are my options? Ammoinia free maybe?

mandatorymom86

Asked by mandatorymom86 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I did it once and my baby turned out fine, lol. BUT you're really not supposed to. If you do end up doing it, try doing it outside, lol. Or with a bunch of a windows open
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 3:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Because of your "new" hormones that we all love and embrace with such fondness and care (lol) it may cause your hair to interact with the chemicals differntly than normal...you might end up with green hair instead of what your looking for! lol
    I was told to go with highlights instead, just in case.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I was afraid of breathing in the chemicals so I didnt color. I missed it like crazy, but I didnt color till after baby was born
    Anonymous

• Actually I talked to my doctor and he said that as long as I did it in a very well ventilated area (outside if possible) then It would be okay for me to do it once MAYBE twice during my pregnancy. And I ended up only dying it one time and I had a friend do it for me so I could do it outside.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 4:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You could really mess up your hair. Hormones do wild things with chemicals. I wouldn't. It's not the baby, it's your hair you need to be worried about.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I dyed it once,but it was back to my natural color. Like it was said in the other answers, your hormones change as so does your hair. It may not turn out how you want. Also if you are going to do it, a well ventilated area is best. I also used a painters mask, just in case b/c the fumes smell extra strong when you are pregnant. I was a hairstylist when I found out I was pregnant and eventually had to quit for a while b/c the salon fumes were way too strong for me.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:27 PM on May. 2, 2010

• im in cos school right now and im 7 months prego. my dr said there in nothing dangerous in any of the chemicals i would use that could hurt the baby. what everyone said about hormones is totally true so i dont suggest using walmart box color. go to a stylist. and if you're worried about how your hair will react then ask for a patch or stand test. also if you go to a stylist then you shouldnt have to worry about ventilation like you would at a friends house. i color and/or highlight weekly. and i 've had my hair colored several times. it always turned out like i wanted it.
    kane4985

Answer by kane4985 at 10:54 PM on May. 2, 2010