when age are boys too old to go in a public women's restroom with their mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My boys are 8 and 9 and they've decided on their own it's not for them. And I think 8-10 is a good age for that
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• 10?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• idc cause mine goes to family bathrooms
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Who cares? Womens restrooms have stalls with doors. There is plenty of privacy. If a mom wants her 12 year old to go with her rather than take a chance of getting molested in the men's room, then I say let them in.
    Anonymous

• Good question... I've never really thought about it. I used to go to American Family Fitness and they won't allow opposite sex children in the locker rooms over 4 yrs old. IDK what they expected me to do w/ my now 6yr old while I changed, etc. I stopped going there b/c there were no "family" type restrooms, etc.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't think it matters i agree with anon 3:07pm. my son is 6yrs old and i drag him in the restroom with me if my hubby isn't there to take him to the mens. i will not alow him to go in the mens alone. i could never understand why men would want to pee out in the open next to another man. there should be stalls in the mens reastroom
    Anonymous