WHy???

My 5 year old son came home from school and noticed that all the Cheetos were done and got on the floor and started crying and screaming and kicking his feet so I put him so time out! But what else can I do? He is totally out of control....

beautiful2257

Asked by beautiful2257 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say of you act like that then I will not buy them again...is that what you want??? Then next time he asked for them I would say no(if he did not sto the tantrum) because you threw a tantum last time they were gone.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• my daughter does this all the time when she comes home from school and finds out her sisters ate all of something she likes so i try and save a little baggy of them for her when i know were running low on something i also try to keep in mind that she is often tired after spending all day at school (she's 5 to) and when she does through a tantrum i let her vent for a minute and then tell her i will buy more when i go to the store on what ever day i plan to go that's usually enough for her to calm down when that isn't enough i make her go lay down until she is calm enough to talk to me most of the time she falls asleep and is always more reasonable when she wakes up
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i like the above advice, also it sounds like he is VERY tired. I would try making bedtime earlier. You could even tell him that when he acts like that his bedtime gets moved 15 minutes earlier. That way he knows he will go to bed 15 minutes earlier everytime he throws the tantrums. And hopefully by getting more sleep he won't throw so many.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010