What was your experience with abortion?

Positive? Negative? Did you change your mind before going through with it?

NO BASHING... THIS IS FOR A PROJECT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, i didnt change my mind before going through with it. it was a positive experience in a way because to me its positive that women have choices, and options available to them in hard times. it was positive that i can terminate the pregnancy, and then choose to do it when the time is right. its positive that they have people there to support you and inform you, and that it was quick, easy, and there was no pain. it was negative that i wasnt more careful and put my self in the situation to begin with and that were not always prepared to have a child when accidents happen.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I personally have never had one but a friend of mine did. And even to this day she regrets it. She was not ready for a child, and still isn't but she wishes more than anything she could of at least considered adoption or another option. I am not against abortion, I myself could never do it but I think someone in that situation should be able to make the choice themselves.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 3:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I went in to terminate my pregnancy at 7 weeks. There was a heartbeat that I could see and hear and I started to cry so my doctor said he didnt want to do the procedure that day and asked that I go home and think about it and come back the next day. Needless to say, I wasnt able to go through with it and I had a baby almost 4 months ago that I placed for adoption.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My personal story is too long to post here, but it is available in my journal. My profile is totally open, so any of you are welcome to read and respond, including the OP. In short, my experience was negative. Maybe not exactly at that moment, but within a few short years, I started to realize what I had actually done. I now have 2 support groups on here. ABORTION REGRET and LIVING WITH THE DECISION-ABORTION. Anyone who has had an abortion, is thinking of aborting, wants more info, etc. is welcome to join.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Im sorry I cant help you out on this one cause I could never kill a human being but to the girl who heard her babys heart beat and decided to go with adoption, I dont know you but Im very proud of you that you decided to do the right thing and give this baby life. I cried when I read your post, its so sad that there are actuall clinics our there that do things like that. I get very emotional about this subject cause I have tried so hard to have both my babys and I could never imagine litterally killing them as beautiful as there lifes our to me. My sister has had 3! Im so ashamed of her and two of those were with her husband and she just said the timeing wasnt right. I dont understand that but no child of mine will ever have to go through anything like that. God gave us women the gift to bare children and I couldnt be more thankful cause I love my babys.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• LANDENSMOMMY, please don't be so judgemental. Many of us post-abortive women truly regret our decision to abort. You should look up SILENT NO MORE AWARENESS. They are an awesome group filled with post-abortive women who talk about their negative experiences w/ abortion and how it has affected their lives. VERY moving site, and even more moving to hear testimony from some of these women. There are now, and will forever be, women who don't regret their abortions for whatever reasons. I'm not one of those people, but I try to respect where they're coming from b/c I don't know their personal situation. I do agree w/ you that it's murder, and this is coming from someone who paid another person to take the life of her child. Please don't think for a moment that that is something lived with easily.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Im sorry I didnt mean to offend you or anyone else this is just simply coming from my heart. Like I said this is a very sesitive subject to me and many others and Im so happy for those that choose adoption before doing something so horrible like this. I dont feel like Im being judgmental either because Im sure thees women that choose to get an obortion dont actually want to be there so I think its safe to say that this is nothing any one really wants to do and that where Im getting at. And thanks for briefly sharing your story how you regret what you did, if you and many other could have only thought this thing through before doing what you did. I hope others can learn from your story and make the right decision for themselves.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• LANDENSMOMMY... you didn't offend me :) Trust me, I've had some nasty words hurled at me... but I always tell people that anything they say to me could never top the things I've said to myself. I, too, commend any woman who gives her child up for adoption. I can't imagine what a hard choice it is to give your child to someone else, but it seems to always be done with the child's best interest in mind. Abortion is much different. IMO, it's a selfish act. I'm guilty of just that. I did it b/c my family and BF at the time convinced me it was the "right" thing to do for my situation. Itell my story in hopes that other women will truly take the time to research their options, unlike what I did. Sorry to the OP... I'm totally OT here.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Well I am not bashing but I am not for it but my mother is for it, when I was pregnant with my daughter my mother was wanting me to go thru with it but there is no way in the world I would go thru with it.  I am glad I did not go thru with it cause I love my little girl she will be seven this year and makes me laugh when I am having a bad day and she can sure make you smile, and everytime I am away from her I look at my daughter's pictures and I think would I live if I did not have her around.  Good luck on the project and hope you get a good grade on it. 

Anonymous

• It was one of the hardest decisions of my life but I believe my mental health is better for choosing it. I was raped at 17 and out of embarassment shame and stupidity I did not report it or seek medical attention. If I had not been so traumatized and sought help I could have tried the morning after pill. Unfortunatly I found out I was pregnant. I was too ashamed to talk to my parents about it so I actually went to court to bypass the parental consent law. The judge decided I was mature enough to make this decision and I did. I went to court for permission and had the procedure done in the last possible week it was legal for me to do so. I lived in denial of the pregnancy for that long. I cannot imagine carrying my rapists baby. It would have broke me mentally to carry a baby I did not want or give a baby away who shared half my genetic material but also half the genetic material of a violent sexually deviant criminal.
    Anonymous