do all or some christians really have these phobias?

yesterday i was talking to a friend of mine and somehow we started talking about our different phobias. so today i was looking up the names to all my phobias on some websites and going down the lists they had. i found some i thought were intersting and wanted to know do all christians (or most/some christians) really have them? they are...

Hadephobia/Stygiophobia - Fear of hell
Satanophobia- Fear of Satan
Hamartophobia/Peccatiphobia - Fear of sinning
Demonophobia/Daemonophobia - Fear of demons
Wiccaphobia - Fear of witches and witchcraft.
and Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666 (the long name of this phobia made me laugh)

there was also Uranophobia/Ouranophobia- Fear of heaven and Ecclesiophobia- Fear of church on the list which i thought was kind of weird. i dont know why anyone would have a fear of heaven(or summerland like i call it) and even though i'm a witch ive never had a fear of churches

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 3:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't have any of those fears :)
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Nope I'm only scared of the dark and bugs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I'm sure in our world with billions of people, for every object, idea, or person, there's somebody out there with a real clinical phobia of it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't have any of those fears :)

______________

well i'm glad you dont have them pjacademy. i dont either but i'm a witch so it would be weird if i had something like wiccaphobia. or those other ones..
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 3:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

_________________

your phobias are Achluophobia( Fear of darkness) and Insectophobia. when i was little i wanted to study insects so they never botherd me but i also used to be locked in dark closets for hours by my babysiter so i used to have Achluophobia but i got over that fear
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 4:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

______________________

yeah i think your right. i still cant get over the Uranophobia/Ouranophobia Fear of heaven one. i'm looking over that list on one of the websites i went to earlier and theres a fear of Music(Melophobia), fear of the Moon(Selenophobia), fear of trees (Dendrophobia) and even a fear of Mother-in-laws called Pentheraphobia. i think its really intersting and weird all at the same time
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 4:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Wow I never thought about this but yeah, there is a fear for everything. My fear is my husbands toe nails.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• your phobias are Achluophobia( Fear of darkness) and Insectophobia. when i was little i wanted to study insects so they never botherd me but i also used to be locked in dark closets for hours by my babysiter so i used to have Achluophobia but i got over that fear

Well I'm scared of the dark because I was attacked in the dark a few times. I'm scared of bugs because I had a daddy long leg climb in my ear. So mine are kinda logical. Yeah I know what you mean though I am trying to work through them
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Phobias are types of anxiety disorders - one doesn't have to be Christian to suffer from phobias or anxiety disorders.
    Anonymous

• I'm a Christian, I don't have any of those fears. I don't have any phobias at all.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010