Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help. Long story

My aunt has three kids now ages 16, 11, & 7… 3 years ago she did heroin. I got guardianship of the kids at that time, I was 18 & not fully understanding the situation she manipulated me into giving them back to her just after 3 weeks. She said she was better. A month later the kids where telling me how mommy was acting. I called DSS, the police, the school, even went down to the DSS office showed them videos of the filth they live in and how things are. NOTHING WAS DONE. This is still going on. She goes to a methadone clinic however she is dropping cigg on the floor when she falls asleep, sleeping on the kitchen & bathroom floor, sleeping in the car slurs her words & makes no sense when talking. She keeps buying animals and they keep dying or escaping her house it is fifthly. (continued bellow)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • continued) These are my cousins. After I called the police (not realizing they were as crooked as she) I asked them to go to her house after I left in tears, I asked them to do a wellness check. 6 hours later they showed up. I did not know she was friends with them. My cousin have rashes even the Drs have called DSS & the school. I’m so stressed. She won’t allow me to see her kids because I called them but I love them and don’t know what else I can do. HELP PLEASE... Those kids need to get out of there….There has to be other option PLEASE I BEG YOU THIS HAS GONE ON TOO LONG...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • Go ABOVE the county to the state department of public health. Keep making noise EVERYWHERE. Call your local media.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • call cps and tell them your story

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • CPS in MA is DSS. They dont care i just got off the phone with them they said they will look in to it!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • Where are the other adults in the family? Its time for an intervention for the sake of those kids...

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I would try calling the state health department; if you cannot find any other way you could go to the media with your evidence.

    Answer by happytexasCM at 4:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • Not sure what state you are in, but you said you got guardianship of your cousins. Do you mean that the courts awarded you legal guardianship, or did you just agree to take care of them for a while?? If you got LEGAL guardianship, then the law is on your side. Either go to the sheriff's office or your local constable with court papers in hand, and tell them you need help getting YOUR kids back.


    In Texas, whoever has guardianship over the kids is legally responsible for their welfare, and has legal recourse. If you just took the kids in, however, i wouild follow the other poster's suggestions and just keep reporting and screaming your head off til someone listens.


    Either way, i'm sorry you are in this position, and sad for those kids.


    Answer by inkydorei at 6:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.