Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My aunt has three kids now ages 16, 11, & 7… 3 years ago she did heroin. I got guardianship of the kids at that time, I was 18 & not fully understanding the situation she manipulated me into giving them back to her just after 3 weeks. She said she was better. A month later the kids where telling me how mommy was acting. I called DSS, the police, the school, even went down to the DSS office showed them videos of the filth they live in and how things are. NOTHING WAS DONE. This is still going on. She goes to a methadone clinic however she is dropping cigg on the floor when she falls asleep, sleeping on the kitchen & bathroom floor, sleeping in the car slurs her words & makes no sense when talking. She keeps buying animals and they keep dying or escaping her house it is fifthly. (continued bellow)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (4)
  • continued) These are my cousins. After I called the police (not realizing they were as crooked as she) I asked them to go to her house after I left in tears, I asked them to do a wellness check. 6 hours later they showed up. I did not know she was friends with them. My cousin have rashes even the Drs have called DSS & the school. I’m so stressed. She won’t allow me to see her kids because I called them but I love them and don’t know what else I can do. HELP PLEASE... Those kids need to get out of there….There has to be other option PLEASE I BEG YOU THIS HAS GONE ON TOO LONG...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • If you have guardianship, couldn't you just take them? I mean couldn't you pick them up from the school and all that if you showed paperwork? I could be wrong...and probably not thebest idea, but unless the courts changed that, I would think you would still be their guardian, right?

    however, I think your best course of action is to get a lawyer...and try for custody. I dont know how it works, but that is what I would try since you aren't getting anywhere with the police or DSS. Good luck!

    Answer by aly38914290 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • What court gives an 18 year old guardianship of 3 children... I have never heard of that before.

    So the police are crooked and DSS won't help and even their doctor has called and still nothing is done?

    I don't believe this is a true story. Sorry. Either you're making this up or seriously taking dramatic licence with a lot of the details.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

  • This is all true. was married. wealthy and my aunt was a heroin addict so yea they had given me temp custody with her okay it was volentary at the time

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Next question overall (Relationships)
Please help. Long story