Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please give me advice

My aunt has three kids now ages 16, 11, & 7… 3 years ago she did heroin. I got guardianship of the kids at that time, I was 18 & not fully understanding the situation she manipulated me into giving them back to her just after 3 weeks. She said she was better. A month later the kids where telling me how mommy was acting. I called DSS, the police, the school, even went down to the DSS office showed them videos of the filth they live in and how things are. NOTHING WAS DONE. This is still going on. She goes to a methadone clinic however she is dropping cigg on the floor when she falls asleep, sleeping on the kitchen & bathroom floor, sleeping in the car slurs her words & makes no sense when talking. She keeps buying animals and they keep dying or escaping her house it is fifthly. (continued bellow)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (2)
  • continued) These are my cousins. After I called the police (not realizing they were as crooked as she) I asked them to go to her house after I left in tears, I asked them to do a wellness check. 6 hours later they showed up. I did not know she was friends with them. My cousin have rashes even the Drs have called DSS & the school. I’m so stressed. She won’t allow me to see her kids because I called them but I love them and don’t know what else I can do. HELP PLEASE... Those kids need to get out of there….There has to be other option PLEASE I BEG YOU THIS HAS GONE ON TOO LONG...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I am so sorry for what you must be going through. Please don't give up keep calling around. Go back to social services and demand to speak to a supervisor. Go to the doctor's directly and ask for their help if they can write up a statement or something, go to the school see if they can help you. These children desperately need to be protected. You had guardianship before so her record cannot be so great. You just need to keep proving she is unfit, which from your post clearly shows evidence.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.