What bible character believed his strength was in his hair?

Who was that Sampson? Can you help me? This is something I'm sadly dealing with! Looking for some strength and encouragement when I'm at my weakest point of my fight for my life. So anything to uplift me is what I'm asking. Or knowledge to inspire me! Your kind words will be enormously appreciated. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 3:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sampson
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Ps 55:22 says to throw all your burdens upon him he's not gonna let the righteous one fall...such powerful words when you think about it. All thought sometimes a very hard thing to do.

and yes Samson was the strong one it was that his hair couldnt be cut ..God chose him be a special servant of his called a Nazirite. If his hair was cut he would lose his strength.

Judges chapters 13 to 16

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yes, it was Samson. Linda, your strength is not in you hair, it's in you. And your family. You can do this.

The hair will grow back when this is over. Some people say theirs grew back even better. Who knows, it may end up as far down as your feet, and you can be Rapunzel Barbie for awhile. :o)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yeah it was samson
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It was Samson and he did supposedly have his strength in his hair. Unfortunately, he didn't have his intelligence there--or anywhere close--since he gave Delilah instructions on how to make him lose his strength by cutting his hair.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Your hair will be even more lovely that it was before.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Fabio
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Fabio! Hilarious. Butter was his strength, believing it wasnt butter was his weakness.
    Sampson and Delilah Judges 16
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Samson, thats why Delilah cut his hair... this allowed him to be captured by the Philistines. She nagged him until he told her the secret of his strength, which he said was his hair, which he himself never cut.
    sepia673

Answer by sepia673 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010