Does the bride and groom exchange gifts at their own wedding?

I'm getting married this coming June and was thinking about surprising my new husband with a blu ray player on our wedding night. He's been begging me since forever that we should buy one but I tell him we don't really need it. So I think it would be a nice surprise, but is it appropriate? Or should I wait until his birthday in July and give it to him then? I mean the whole family will use it but you know how guys are, even though electronic items are for the family, they think of them as their personal toys.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• We did. He gave me a watch and I gave him a beautiful silver frame with our photo and a poem.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• We didn't. we were so strapped for money and exhausted I couldn't have bought one more thing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i think that they do. i'll be getting married soon and i think i'm getting him a gun he has been wanting since he was like 16. i'll probably give it to him at the reception.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yes they do. do a google search for ideas if needed
    Anonymous

• I think it would be a nice idea!!
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 4:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2010