Do you think Male Chivalry is dead?

Do you think Male Chivalry is dead?

Seems to once upon a time men opened doors for women, pulled out their chair for them, helped them with their coat, helped them into the car and so on, but it seems those days are gone.
I assume it has to do with women being more independent than they were decades ago, but I still like a man to do those things for me.

Am I old-fashioned? Is chivalry dead or still alive and I am just not noticing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband still opens the door for me...he is wonderful! I think that it is dying, not dead yet but certainly dying.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It still is very much alive, specially in the latin culture, just recently I went on a 12 mile walk through the streets of Miami, I rode a bus back which I had not done in 40 years, it was quite the experience, and in that bus, I saw get up and give up their seats to unknown old ladies and women in general, it told me that chivalry is still alive and well.

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yes it is dying. but i also don't think most women want that anymore either. My hubby opens doors for me and helps with everything! He is awesome! my brothers were brought up to open doors and all that stuff. I know for a fact my little brother does it for everyone! Our DS will be brought up to do the same thing. we started teaching him at an early age that his sister goes first because it is nice manners to let girls go first.
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think it's dying. My husband and the men in my family open doors and give up seats and all that. I love that my daughters can see that and can hopefully find it in there future husbands. Interestingly, I find men to be more chivalrous to me when I'm dressed modestly and feminine, such as a dress or skirt, then when I'm out in jeans or sweats.
    kzazzle

Answer by kzazzle at 4:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010