How do I get my brother to get a job???

I don't know what to do. My brother has been living with us for about 3 months. He had lived with us before and he never found a job then either. I specifically told him that if he moved back in he had to ACTIVELY look for a job and he has applied at one temp place and that's it. I want to tell him to get off of his lazy a$$ without making things tense here. What do I do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tell him to get off his lazy ass and get a job TENSE or not this is your home. NO ONE lives for free, I don't care who the hell they are. Im sorry if I sound like I am coming off so cold but come on he has done this once to you don't allow him to walk over for a 2nd time.
    Anonymous

• tell him he owes you rent or he is getting evicted.
    Anonymous

• You already told him that he had to look for work to stay at your place and he didn't do it. If it makes you feel better, give him a solid deadline, like two weeks, and if he doesn't actually get work (yardwork, dog walking, scrubbing toilets what ever it takes), put his stuff out of the house and change the locks. Give him a definate amount he needs to pay you each week. Staying with you is a privelege, not a right. Since his habit is to mooch off of you, you will have to be the "bad guy" and make him grow up. The other option is to do nothing, pay his way, and get ulcers.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 4:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Tell him to get up or get OUT. That's it.. Tense? Throw his ass out, that'll get rid of the "tenseness" over there.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Good luck with that !! Here in Indiana nobody is hardly ever hiring !! I have been looking for 4 months for a job and have had about 3 interviews out of about 100's of applications !!! BUT more than HALF the applications I have filled out were NOT hiring but keep them up to 6 months . Just nobody is hiring at all around here and if they are it's something I don't have the experiance for like nursing .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010