What would you do if your mother in law helped him cheat?

Here is the story. Hubby and I have been married for 11 years and have five children together. High school sweet hearts and all. We'll he cheated and I found out by checking his phone accounts and what not... after that his mom got a phone cut on for him in her name. Knowing that he would us it to talk to this other woman. He claimed he cut all ties. But I had a gut feeling so I ran with it and put a voice recorder in my home. The very first day I record him talking to his mom about this chick. His mom even asked if he had spoken to her lately. WTF!!! But, anyway here we are a year plus later and at the mother in laws house her and her friend are going through her phone and her friend says the girls name. So I told my hubby it would be wrong for his mom to even be talking to her. He said he agreed and would find out. He never got back. So I went in his account to see what was up...a new phone.. the mom's phone was shut off due

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Your husband is to blame. Regardless to the fact of his mom allowing him to cheat or helping him cheat, the marriage was between you and your husband. Your MIL had a moral obligation to make sure her son was faithful to you...she didn't...therefore you cannot blame her for being heartless....I know it hurts to know that your husband was sneaking behind your back to talk with this woman and it hurts even more to know that he had help but there are people that could careless about someone's feelings. You must get through this for the sake of yourself and your sanity. Everything will be all right...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• to the bill not being paid. She has the girls number in her phone. Also in his account there are loops where his mom called and the a private call after. They are working together. We'll mt older 2 kids are living with my mother in law for the summer... PLS help me.... What do I do.? Should I say something ? and to whom?
    Anonymous

• Also hubby and I are still on the outs in our relationship... just about over!!!
    Anonymous

• What a crummy thing to do! I mean 5 kids??? Did you get along with her up until this point? I think HE is the one that bears most of the blame,,, lets see in most stated 5 kids = 80% of income,, what a child support payment! It is unclear if he is still talking to the woman or not? I would take my kids and tell him until he gets some counseling or something your out of there! I am soooo sorry momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Well I would leave him and then I would kick that stupid bitch right in her teeth for supporting her son to cheat on the mother of his children that he's been with for 11 yrs. She sounds like a horrible influence for your kids. I would go pick them up and take them home to your own house and tell her she can forget about corputing YOUR kids.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 3:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• wow. that's a shitty situation. i'm so sorry. if he has already gone behind your back twice to be with the other girl i say it's probably over. get your kids back and file for child support.
    Anonymous

• Ya i agree with kimigogo. I would also be maybe speaking with this women cause in the end of everything there are two sides to everything.
    Anonymous

• Yep lmao, 50-80% for sure plus me 11 years...... How dumb... At this point I am not 100% sure this time that he is talking to her. No, my mother in law and I never really got along. But I feel she pushed him back into talking to this other woman again. But he did it so it is on him!!!
    Anonymous

• Is it summer where you live or do you mean this summer comming up?First thing I will tell you to do is go get your kids or send for them to come home, depending on how far it is. Or do not let them go. Depending on if you and your DH are breaking up or staying together. If you are ending the relationship with your DH I would say do not say anything to the MIL or DH about it. If your and your DH are still together say something to both of them.

Answer by louise2 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• That crap would eat me up until I killed myself. I'd leave him and try to find someone faithful.
    Anonymous