Any yard sale tips?

I'm having a yard sale on Saturday. I have A LOT of stuff, but half of it is clothes, and then most of the rest is small household items, and a few larger more expensive items like a chainsaw, snowboard, some Gore-Tex coats, etc. I do have a few larger items I'm just going to post signs for like mattresses and my friend's truck. My question is, what is the best way to set up, and is it worth it to try to sell the more expensive things at a yard sale? Also, if anyone could tell me, what would be a good price to put on a good condition used chainsaw? It's my friend's stuff, and he says he has no idea what to sell it for lol. Thanks!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Put balloons up and signs. Have change ready. People will haggle you down on the price, so mark the price a little higher then you think it will sell, and you will agree to their price. Depends on how good the chainsaw is in. Guys shop for tools like that big time! If its in good shape and running nice, ask for half price of what he paid for. If its in so so shape go cheaper. Have bags ready to package clothes in. GL! Our community doesnt allow for garage sales :( but that doesnt keep me from going to them :)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• be prepared for round two and be sure to mark the main road with ads at least a week before. in addition, i would place an ad for the larger things on craigs list
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 4:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Be up EARLY...the dedicated yardsalers are up and out before the sun rises. Have plenty of change in your cash box.

You can check craigslist for pricing on chainsaws.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2010