K so I know this is normal but it is okay.

I am sooooo tired! I was falling asleep in 3rd period and thought I would never make it home. I tried to nap when i got home but then couldn't sleep. I know being tired is okay but is it okay to be exhausted and then not be able to sleep when you can. I'm still 7 weeks I think.

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 4:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the first trimester is the worst i think. it makes you tired. very very tired. it's because your body is working so hard to form the placenta and the baby's vitals are all forming. it's normal to feel dead tired in the first trimester. your energy should pick back up around the start of the second trimester.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I was tired like that my entire pregnancy. I fell asleep at work coutless times while on break or lunch lol but then when I got home it was like I couldn't sleep no matter how tired I felt. Sometimes it would take me about 4-5 hours to fall asleep at night. Hopefully it will get better for you.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 4:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Completely normal even if you can't sleep just resting is the better then nothing. Like jennifer said it will get better when you go into your 2nd trimester.
    Anonymous

• yep, get used to it. and if you can, lighten your load. most feel better in second trimester but i havent been and i didnt with my first
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 4:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2010