Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you sue Mirena?

I got an IUD in October of 2009, and went to the hospital in March, 2010. I was PERFECTLY fine in 09; I had recently had a baby, was perfectly normal, and got an IUD because I wanted another one later, but not any time soon.

Speed up a few months... March 2010. I was in so much pain I ended up in the ER. I have such bad scar tissue now I am NEVER having more kids. The ER suggested I might even have endometriosis- they found a growth.

I can't get it removed because I have no insurance, and on top of many of the things I have found listed (weight gain, apathy, hot/cold sweats, headaches) I can't stop bleeding. I will bleed for 8-10 days straight, stop for 2, and bleed for 8 more. They are so bad that my tampons FALL OUT in LESS than an hour. :\

Something has gotta give, and my doctor won't touch me withou insurance.

Does anyone know where to go for this? Anyone been there? What happened?

Answer Question

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 4:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 9 (351 Credits)
Answers (19)
  • Have you considered Public Aid medical? That's an option. Also, to sue Mirena, you will need a lawyer and it would be a civil suit. The first step though is getting a lawyer and consulting with him/her (usually free) to see if there's a case.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • The emergency room. They HAVE to treat you. Or go to some kind of a specialist, like a gyno. Your doctor won't help you? that doesnt make much sense.

    Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • i doubt you will be able to sue the company because they list all the possible side effects.

    Answer by shay1130 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I had mirena removed in 2008. It was causing ovarian cysts that began to rupture. If I would have realized then how easy it is to remove I would have done it myself and save a trip to the dr. and a co-pay. All you have to do is tug the string it comes right out and is painless. I didn't even feel it when she did it.

    Answer by laciD at 4:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • oh lol, sorry.. you were asking how to sue them, duh. I was just concerned about you getting better first.

    Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • yeah I agree with the previous comment... you probably wont be able to sue them because tey sit there telling you all the horrible things that could happen

    Answer by mommy492006 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I'm sure you signed a consent form that laid out all of the risks....

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • go to the health department! they will take it out if you want them to and if you dont qualify for it to be free they can bill you. just get that thing out! i dont think you could sue because those are all listed side effects of mirena. but i wish you could because i feel this product is not as safe as they make it out to be.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • Do not pull it out by yourself you can rip a hole in your uterus.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • I had problems with Mirena also....ugh makes me cringe thinking about the pain I went thru.... If you cant see a Dr. Pull it out yourself...seriously when I had mine removed all my Dr. did was give a lil tug on the strings I felt better instantly

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.