Is it all just for money?

I have a friend . Anyways her husband passed away lasy May. He died because he was racing his ( and her) friend ( on a public road, that just wasnt very busy... ) ..Anyways her husband hit an oncoming car and injured those people but they lived ( he was on the wrong side of the road) , he also wasnt wearing his seat belt.

Anyways after the accident, she told the other boy who was racing that she doesnt hold it against him, since her husband was just as much at fault. Now she is seriously dating another guy, and she tried to buy a house, she didnt have enough money, and now she is suing the friend for a TON of money ( his family has money) ....

I have also lost my husband ( 4 years ago) and I understand people grieve at different times and in different ways but I just think this is wrong ! Do you think it is too, or do you think I am over reacting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I can see where you're anger is coming from. Personally I wouldn't sue. For several reasons, my husband would have been at fault. The other guy is a friend, etc. I think it's just wrong. I also think it is wrong to tell the friend that you don't hold it against him...blah blah blah and then turn around and sue. It's wrong on so many levels. Now, there are statutes of limitations on these sorts of things. I don't know how long ago this occurred or anything like that, but my guess is, but now the limitations are past.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• it happend less than a year ago -- they are having court tomorrow !
    Anonymous

• I think that it completely WRONG what she is doing grieveing or whatever she is in it for the $money$ she wants this house that she can't afford and that is the only way she thinks that she has a chance to afford it. KRAMA comes to bite you in the ass when you least expect it. I would call her on this if she is a close friend.

I too lost my first childs father when my child was 3 months old. I didn't want shit and trust I could have gotten money I just wanted my child to have a daddy and thats all. I still work full time and trust i scrap by but today I have a wonderful man and he is the daddy he never had or new.
    Anonymous

• It happened less then a year ago and she is already with someone else and trying to buy a house with this man. WOW all about the $money$.......
    Anonymous

• yes anon 4:23 -- and the wierdest thing is her husband and her new boyfriend both have the same first name !
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it, yep.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think instead of saying I have a friend you should amend that to I had a friend
    Anonymous

• What an insensitive money grubbing brat!!!! She needs to pull her head out of her you know what, and realize she is an adult she has to take responsibilyty for her actions. She bought a house out of price range for her, her mistake not anybody elses job to get her out of that one. They both lost in the accident, tell them to grow up, then maybe peopel wouldnt be dying, getting hurt and having finacial diffuculty around them.
    fmkinsey

Answer by fmkinsey at 8:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010