change in work hours for sake of baby

do you think it is right for my boyfriend to make me work different hours because he is stressed out to wake up in the morning and take care of our 11 month old? He barely sleeps at night he will sleep like 3-4 hours wake up and then sleep maybe an hour or two and be up again and sometimes stays up for a few hours and all he will do is wine... which is his teething but it really upsets my boyfriend... he says things like he shouldnt take care of him in the morning because hes afraid of shaking him... and he isn't even working right now so to me i think it shouldnt be that hard waking up and doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not be with a man who even JOKED about abusing our child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think you need to ditch the major ass. He is being incredible insensitive your working and hes not. In our house whoever isn't work gets the most responsibilies which include getting up in the middle night and which everytimes the baby needs you.
    Anonymous

• Leave and go now!! Not a joking matter to shake a baby,, keep your jobs and ditch this clown,, he will get a job ASAP when he needs to pay support.. Never ever put any man above your child,, I wouldn't even go to the store and leave your baby in his care!!! You can get a new man, but not a new baby,, so sorry mamma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Run, run now! You don't say things like that! To me if you think about doing it then you could be capable of doing it! How old is he? He sounds extremely immature and not at all ready to be a father! You and your baby deserve better!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• What you need to change is who is caring for your baby. He doesn't sound capable of taking good care of him any time of day. I'll bet that if you change your work schedule he will find another problem caring for him at that time of day.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• *eyes wide* WOW guys. Wow. I mean this man is trying to tell this woman that he CAN NOT handle the baby by himself and SHE thinks "He can handle it, suck it up!!" and YOU think "AGH DITCH THIS GUY!!"

A REAL ABUSER would -- NOT -- warn you. They wouldn't say "I think if I watch him I'm going to shake him" This guy is TRYING to tell this woman that he just cannot handle this. That is honesty. That is NOT an abuser. That's someone who is in over his head and just does not know how to cope with a situation.

To OP - please, do NOT leave your son in his care in the morning anymore. Change your schedule.

My SO is HORRIBLE in the night with our son. During the day he's awesome. But at night he's just not good. So you need to listen to this man.

If he comes up with similar when you change the schedule, fine, he needs to suck it up. But otherwise, mama, you need to LISTEN to what he is telling you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2010