Ok I need the real deal on stretch mark creams!!!

I've posted something on this before but didn't get much of an answer so I want to ask again. I want to know if there is anyone out there that have tried these stretch mark creams at all and how it went. I would love to know and I'm sure a lot of us do. I would like to know from women that have had stretch marks for years and stretch marks that are deep dark or light.Please give me the low down and tell me your experience. I've tried the whole cocoa butter thing but it does not work on old stretch marks. So please, anyone that has tried any kind of brand let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

yungmom426

Asked by yungmom426 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• stretch mark creams work because they increase the blood flow to the area. You can use really any cream to increase blood flow since it is due to the rubbing. HOWEVER, the cream will not prevent you from getting them. That's part of genetics and how elastic your skin is.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Bad news,, they don't work too well! I am a hairstylist and also into esthetics,,, Spray tan!! It really helps conceal them,, regular sunlight can make them worse, don't waster your money!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i have heard that the best thing for stretch marks is to buy vitamin E capsules, break them open and rub the oils on the stretch marks. My friends said her hubby used it on his weight lifting stretch marks, she only 4 months preggo so doesnt have stretch marks yet, but shes going to use it too, so I'll let you know haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I just bought the mederma one last night, so ask me in 12 weeks how it worked if u want :-)

i used to use bio-oil and it helped alot, but now im concentrating on another messed up part of my body with the mederma.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I used Bio Oil and it helped lighten them to the point I felt comfortable wearing a bikini again. Well - Bio Oil and time!

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010