why do people say your a bad parent just because you party ?

It isnt like we go out EVERY night. Just on the weekends and it is later in the evening around the time the kids go to sleep.

I never knew their was a set of rules of what you can and cannot do when you pop kids out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Big difference between having a couple of drinks and chillin, or going out for a meal w/ some friends and having a couple of drinks, and "Partying"... I don't party, I have a family to worry about. I DO have a couple of drinks on the weekend, or if I have had a really rough day. BIG difference between THAT, and going out to get trashed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Who tell you this? Maybe you are a bad parent for other reasons? Are you coming home drunk?
    Anonymous

• Would you want your kids to be that way. Parties, drinking etc. It's more of the example we set for our children.
    Anonymous

• Like in college partying? Or dinner with drinks? Going out to the club and drinking till 2am is not acceptable IMO
    Anonymous

• If you are "partying" like I consider partying....then it usually means you are immature.

Now going out once in a while while kids are with a baby sitter is no big deal. A drink or two here and there, but to get sloppy drunk is childish. sorry, true!

There may be a reason you are hearing this!
    Anonymous

• yes I go out with friends or with my fiance....we drink sometimes at a bar, sometimes in a club, or at a friends party... I am almost 30..and my kids are sleeping while I am gone...what is the big deal...how is that a problem?
    Anonymous

• i think every weekend is a little excesive. there are rules when you are a parent. and the most important is to set a good example for your kids. what if one wakes up in the middle of the night sick as a dog and screaming for you? you will be shit faced drunk at a friends house, and unable to do anything until you sober up.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with the occasional adult time out, it's healthy. It depends on the extent to which you are going out. My belief is that once you decide to have children priorities change, rightfully so, and life without attachments ceases to exist. Children are an honor not an obligation. Define going out and judge for yourself.
    Anonymous

• I have two kids. Ages 2.5yrs and 10 months. I am 20 years old. My fiance is 21. We live in an in-law apartment at my parent's house. We don't exactly "party" all the time, but if we want to go out, which is rare...we wait until WE put our kids to bed, and then my parents will listen to the monitor (both my kids sleep completely through the night) and they always have multiple numbers to reach us at, and know exactly where we will be. But we only do that rarely. But just about every weekend, we get together with out neighbors, they are in their early 30's, and we have a big fire in their back yard after the kids are all in bed (they have 2 kids too, ages 5yrs and 2.5yrs) and have a bunch of people come over...and usually the guys will all get trashed, and I drink a little...but on the occasion, I get trashed...but that's only when my kids are at my brother's being baby sat for the night. Does that make me a bad mom? (cont)
    Anonymous

• (cont) My kids are always well taken care of. We don't ever put ourselves in a situation that we can't take care of our kids. I don't think you're a bad parent...I think we should still be able to have fun...as long as we make sure our kids are always safe, and we don't get too carried away.
    Anonymous