Am i the only parent who actually Watches their children at the park?!?

I just got back from the park with my mother and two kids (3yrs and 17months old).
In the half hour we were there i saw one other parent. That parent was sittibg in her car on a phone when her kids were playing. Her kids may have been between 6-8yrs old. SHE WASNT EVEN WATCHING THEM!! Her boys pushed my 17month old down because they were just running everywhere and not even looking where they were going (must take after mom). I asked her if she could please have her kids say sorry and watch whetr they were running, and she put her hand up and turned away from me! There were a dozen kids there and no adults in sight. Not one child could have been over ten yrs old. I just dont think thats old enough to ne unsupervised at a public park. Maybe im wrong? My 3yr old was on the swings and there were other ids pushing him, which is ok, but i had to keep asking them not to high cause they wanted to run under his swing... Continue...

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 4:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• yep, your the only one
    Anonymous

• Im just saying it would have been nice to have their parents keep their kids under control so i wouldnt have to look like the bad guy cause i dont want my kids leg or anything broken because of someones unsupervised children.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 4:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• No you are not the only one. If the parents don't mind their little shit heads I put them in their place. If the parent has a poblem they can get off the phone and start parenting!
    Anonymous

• problem
    Anonymous

• You aren't the only one, and it isn't just parks. I took my toddlers to the play area at the mall; it's for kids up to about age 5 and no shoes allowed. A dad with 4 boys from about 3 to 10 came in and they were running around and acting wild. One of the bigger boys (wearing shoes bigger than mine) jumped off the top of the play equipment and almost landed on my baby. I ended up having to take my little ones home early because they weren't safe.
    Anonymous

• OMG I know what you mean. My mom and I took my three girls 6, 5, and 2 to the park not too long ago. There were tons of little kids running around without their parents in sight. There were these three mexican kids there throwing rock at each other, and knocking each other down, pulling their hair and hitting. It was horrible, the littlest boy was probably 2 and got hit with a rock in the face and was trying to find his parents but couldn't find them. They were all the way on the other side of the park!!! Then the boy that was about 4 started throwing rocks at me and my 2 year old. So I yelled at him, and said "don't throw rocks at us!" and he said "i'm telling my mommy!" and my mom said "fine go tell your mommy you little hoodlem, have her come over here so we can tell her!" PARENTS these days LOL. They call themselves "parents".
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• ANON:47
    Ah yes the way-too-old-kid who can read and still wears shoes and tramples the little ones at the mall area. Little a-hole in the making. And the dad? Checking out girls instead of watching his kids! Priceless!
    Anonymous

• WOW MJNNFE!!! How do you know they were mexican? By looking at them? Ignorant much? I would have thrown rocks at you too!
    Anonymous

• No your not the only one. I watch mine like hawk and sometimes I'm the mom who is going down the slide with him and chasing him on the monkey bars or playing tag. All parents should watch their children. I was at the park once and some kid kicked my child. I asked the kid which parent was his and after I was done consoling my child I told her to watch her kid. She tells me that her child told her that mine pushed him first........I was so furious. I told her I saw the whole thing because I actually watch my child. We left after that. What is wrong with some parents?
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• No, I watch my kids very well at the park but Ive seen what you are talking about and its really a mussed up thing.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010