Who do I chose: My mom or My husband

This coming Saturday me and my mom had plans to go shopping together and I was really excited, it is something we use to do together alot but now we havent in a long time ( and it will be a long time before we can again) ...we have been planning this for a couple weeks now. Me and my husband have been planning on going to a casino with the inlaws for awhile too, but were not suppose to go until then end of May. Well he called me today to tell me we are going Saturday ....... and he is mad that me and my mom are upset that our plans are ruined. So now him and my mom are both mad at ME and say that I need to chose who I am going with.... I want to go with my mom and I made the plans with her first....but this will probably be the only time my husband actually takes me somewhere for a little "vacation" and I also want to go with him ( and my inlaws are in bad health, this will prob. be the last time they can go too)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Unfortunately I am a firm believer that when you get married, your spouse comes before the rest of the family. I would go with him but let him know that in the future, he should understand that your plans, once set, should be honored by him since it's disrespectful to you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Your mom is being a bit immature. Shopping is an easily rescheduled trip. But if your in-laws might never be able to do this again? You can't reschedule after serious illness or death.

Tell mom you're sorry, but you HAVE to reschedule.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Is the casino in the same area as where you live? If so, I would go shopping with your mom early that day and at a certain time meet your hubby and in-laws at the casino..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You should have let your husband know or put it on the calendar at home that you were going out with your mom....for communication's sake, not for permission. It goes both ways however....
    Anonymous

• Oh goody, now you can watch hubby loose family income at the Casino all night, and worry about mom. Do something special for your mom, and reschedule with her. Sometimes there is no easy answers.
    Anonymous

• well it will be a long time before I can go with my mom because we dont live close anymore and she took off work for it !

my husband did know about it, because I have been talking about it for the last 2 weeks !

the casino is hours away ( we have to leave here at like 6am) and he wants to come back that night !
    Anonymous

• also I have to add, the reason I am annoyed at my husband the most is because he uses the excuse that his parents are in "failing" health .... they are 70 and his dad is a chain smoker, and has medical problems because of that......he also has said since we have gotten together that he is dying....

also the inlaws are giving us money to gamble with otherwise we would not go ! lol
    Anonymous

• Hmmm. If hubby knew...then you tell him HE blew it and meet your mom. You can schedule a special trip to see his parents.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Did your husband know you had plans with your mother? If he did and made plans with your inlaws anyway,than you should go with your mother. If he didn't know than it does get a little sticky. I would still go with my mother, you made those plans first. When I make plans without my dh I always let him know.
    Anonymous

• Id probably go with my husband. He'd know how I felt though but the fact that his folks are in bad health and I dont get too much time with him without the kids then Id take it when I can get it.

Im not a fan of shopping anyway so it wouldnt be no skin off my nose to reschedule that but I might try and find something else like getting coffee with her or something along those lines so we can have a small chit-chat.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010