Boy those charity people are rude !

I got a call about a month ago asking for a donation for a kids charity ( a wish foundation) ...anyways I told them I will see if I can and to go ahead and give me their address and stuff .

Well we are having a hard time with money lately and usually have no extra money after paying bills....so therefore i wasnt planning on sending any *right now* .... But I WAS planning on keeping the addy and WHEN I did get extra money, I was going to send some.

Well they called today to see if I sent the money out yet...and I said no, that I am still planning on it in the future but I didnt have any right now...and they were like " you cant go without something to make a childs wish come true" ..I know it is a charity ( and I looked it up and it is a real one) ...but I find that pretty rude suggesting that. For all they know I could also have a child with something wrong ( which i actually do) who has medical bills ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do donate, I do volunteer and they made me feel like a horrible person because I wouldnt give them money TODAY!

Anonymous

• wow...then flat out do not donate..if they call you again, i would tell them that since they were so rude to say something that horrible that you are not going to donate...you have a child with medical problems as well and that child comes first and foremost before some charity...
    Anonymous

• Don't feel bad, seems like everyone is struggling right now. Besides I don't care if they are a true charity or not, I know that not all the money we give goes to the cause..goes to someones pocket as well..Don't you remember about the red cross during 9-11?

No way I'm trusting that crap anymore

Anonymous

• anyone who is trying to get money from you is probably going to be rude. even great charities. they are just trying to raise money for their cause.
    Anonymous

• yes, sadly they can be pushy sometimes. once i had a charity call me and i said what you did id try to send some when i had the extra $, well the called and called and called for DAYS after that, starting at like 8am in the morning!! calling multiple times a day.needless to say i didnt send any money.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 5:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Charity begins at home.
    Anonymous

• Little info. Charity's sometimes and fundrasiers higher telemarkiting compainys. Sorry about the spelling Im tired and will go to bed. The telemarketers do not care what they are collecting for and unfortanetly we all get screwed. fyi
    LeHart

Answer by LeHart at 3:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2010