A young friend of mine is moving out for the first time to go to college, I would like to get her a basket full of things she "might need but might forget she needs" got any ideas?

You know what I mean, things that she could use and might not think about until she needs them...lol

So far on my list I have: tape, scissors, tape, flashlight, batteries,

Can you think of anything else good I can put in there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You could do an actual laundry basket with detergent, stain fighter, fabric softener, towels and rolls of quarters for the machines.

Or, maybe snacks like crackers, granola bars, popcorn, etc in a trash can made into a "movie" basket with coupons for rentals...
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• A little sewing kit, small tools (hammer, screw driver. pliers), nails and picture hangers (if she's moving into an apartment), poster tack (if she's moving into a dorm)
    Anonymous

• Can opener, microwave, maze can.

Answer by older at 5:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• can opener, light bulbs and toilet paper.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Do a tool box. Most people don't think about things like a screw driver, tape, replacement nails, etc etc until its 2 in the morning and they are replacing a light bulb for the first time with no light bulb lol
    Anonymous

• i'd get a basket and fill it with laudry detergent, toilet paper, can opener, flash light, or maybe a snack basket. with cereal, chips,crackers,ect.
    Anonymous

• I love the sewing kit idea. You can buy her a cute bath caddy and fill it with a robe and PJ's, flip flops/slippers, perfume, eye masks for sleeping during the day. I think most girls shower down the hall and might need these things. Maybe throw in some towels and disposable wash clothes.

Is it far away? A prepaid calling card. A gas gift card.

A back pack or cool bag. Sheet set for her bed. A COFFEE POT for all that studying and a nice personalized mugg.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i liked having a 2nd set of sheets, so that i didn't have to rush to get them washed.
    personalized travel mug is a great idea!
    snacks are a good idea.
    a photo of the two of you together.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Does she drive? I'd get her a repair kit for her car or one of those starter things for a dead battery. They are a life saver!
    Anonymous

• WALLMART , GROCERY GIFT CARDS!!!!!!!!!! But if you really want more then dryer sheets, hangers, bath soap, water / gatoraid, facial clenser, tooth brush and paste ect. Just think of the things you forget when you go on a trip.
    fmkinsey

Answer by fmkinsey at 8:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2010