At what age did you start giving your child baby food with meat in it?

My son is 7 months and eating fruit and vegetable baby food, and I can't remember if his doctor recommended starting meats at 8 or 9 months. I'll probably call and ask, but I was wondering when you started your child on pureed meat. If you didn't, or are going to lecture me against jarred bay food, you need not reply. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• (throws a dead animal at anon) hee hee.
    ummm I cant be sure either when I started(I made mine cuz he wouldnt eat the jarred stuff) but I kinda went along with the recomendations on t he jars. I want to say it was right around 8 months tho.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I started my little guy on meats around 6 months.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• you know what, i really cant remember if it was 8 or 9 months but it def was either 8 or 9 months ... i really dont think it makes that big of a difference, so i would just call ur DR anyway and check.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My son won't get meat until he's at least 6 years old and decides if he wants to taste it. The thought of feeding dead animals to babies just doesn't sit well with me.
    Anonymous

• never. we don't have meat in the house.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• At 8 months my DD loved vienna sausages. I started pureeing everything we ate at 7 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My son won't get meat until he's at least 6 years old and decides if he wants to taste it. The thought of feeding dead animals to babies just doesn't sit well with me."

Well, the idea of my child being malnourished doesn't sit well with me. If you didn't notice, I clearly stated in the question that if this did not apply to you, that you need not answer.
    Anonymous

• Never.. that stuff is DISGUSTING! If I wont eat it I never fed it to my kids! :)
    Now you could always try to get some chicken, a good blender & puree some home cooked food, slip it into their peas/ carrots/ ect... MUCH better than that stuff in baby food..

Im pretty sure they dont put prime meats in the baby jars.. I dont even want to think about it (did u watch the jamie oliver "food revolution" when he taught the kids what Chicken Nuggest where? -- chicken, chicken fat, chicken bones, lots of Filler.... *barf*
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• also to add.. my dd has never been much of a meat eater. even at 3yrs old she wont eat meat most of the time.. she will mostly eat chicken, sometimes hamburger meat, and maybe a handful of times of pork, maybe.....
    I hope she becomes a vegetarian! lol... (I wish I could become one!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• DD (10m/o) will only eat the ham mixed with peas (like splitpea soup) and chicken with either sweet potatoes or applesause. She only gets jar meat once or twice a week at daycare. The rest of the time she eats what I eat. This weekend she gnawed on a BBQ rib bone after I ate most of the meat off of it. Right now she's sharing a tuna fish sandwich with me :) The jarred stuff just smells so bad (like cat food!) and I'd prefer she gets real pieces for practice chewing. Before 12m/o, real food is more for practice than nutrition anyway. Oh, and I started giving her meat a couple months ago.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 6:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2010