Would you like to move back to your hometown?

I grew up in a small 40 K town. I miss my family and friends, but I can't imagine living there ever again. It seems so boring and I get a bitter taste in my mouth every time I think about living there again. I had no major drama in my childhood, still something is not in the right place in my heart. Maybe I should go back for a while, try to figure out what it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i just moved about a month and a half. 13 hours away from my little town of 4 thousand people to a city of over 50,000. i hate it here. i would just about kill to go back to elkins!
    Anonymous

• We have a little over 2,000 people in my hometown. We are planning on moving back in a few months. We are currently living in Houston and my DH and I absolutly HATE it here. We are country folk and dont belong in the big city. lol Small towns are awesome!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I grew up on a farm near a small town (population of about 1,200). I'll to go back to visit, but I have no desire to live there. I've lived in a big city, which I didn't like, and now we live in a city of about 200,000 and am very happy with the situation.
    Anonymous

• I live four blocks from my mom, four blocks from my sister, walking distance to my aunt and uncle and my best friends parents. I can't imagine not living in my "home town"

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I got married and moved from my hometown in CA to IL!!! It was a huge culture shock....I wish I could go back....because it would be "better" than it is here....but I don't want to live near my parents lol If that makes sense? lol
    Anonymous

• I couldn't wait to get out of the small town--graduated with 70 kids, 1 stop-light in town kind of place. But after being married for a few years and having a baby, it was hard being away from our families. We moved home after being gone for 5 years. The closest town we live near doesn't even have a stop light, just a yield sign. I don't miss the city or the traffic.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• No, NO, and ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! My inlaws live there and they don't know the definition of boundaries!!!

I LOVE the small town next to the small city that I live in now.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Not even a little bit.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Honestly if your reaction feels that way. You should find your way were you are. Visit on holidays. We are all not ment to go home again despite country music lyrics. There's nothing wrong with that.
    LeHart

Answer by LeHart at 2:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I live here. I left from 1984-1999 and am so happy that we came back. It's small village w/a population of under 2,000 but we are just 10-30 minutes away from many larger cities. I love where I live, I love being 6 blocks from Lake Erie & having a beach to walk down to & I love that my kids all grew up here.....it's a great place to live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2010